To ALL....... large post sorry....

RAC_Gump

To ALL....... large post sorry....

Post by RAC_Gump »

Salute All!

Thought it was about time I threw this up and see what people think....

THE REASON : I see patching RB3D up to a decent modern standard as a major hurdle in getting new people attracted to the game and its even hard for the oldies comming back like me.......
I cant thank people enough for all the mods, fix'es and patches that have been made over the years, to spend large amounts of spare time making these things for the benefit of others is truely "good"

I just wish it was easier to get all the patches together and get them working..........

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImage

FAQ's :
-- YES ! Its CM11, Reload, FCJ and all the other utilites put togther!
-- Yes ! Things have been changed around, deleted/added
-- YES ! The bug fixes, server files, and anything that gets the game working are bundled with the Launcher
-- YES ! The 'ReLoAdeD' bundled file pack updates the grahpics, FX, sound of the BASE STOCK game only NO CHANGES are made to the base game with this Launcher/File pack, thats left for the WFP, ROTJ, HASP etc patches!! This is just a way of bringing the stock game up to modern standards, makes it work on modern PCs, and gives you access to all the other patches!!
-- NO ! It doesnt exist yet.......these are just pictures from my head :)
-- IF I want to fly WFP....the date function & front guns should automatically "switch on"
-- All stand alone patches (HASP, ROTJ, WFP etc) should include a 'config' file to switch these things on!
(as a 'end user', thou its nice to be able to turn on/off ALL the tweaks and utilites, it would be nice if I didnt have to know specifically which tweak works with which patch....hate going into a dogfight and finding out I forgot me front guns !! And when a game crashes coz of mixed up options....that just drives people to IL2.....)

Anyway, hopefully this will get people talking...... Look for a dedicated Forum for this "Open Source Launcher" at the RB3D.net forums soon, as well as a website with a full "Design Brief" on it, all comming in the next weeks.....Cheers All !!

RAC_Gump Cpt.(Ret.)

Return to “General Forum”