Rise of Flight - WW1 flight sim

US95Pickett

Rise of Flight - WW1 flight sim

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, the WW1 flight sim Rise of Flight, previously known as Knights of the Sky, is close to completion and ready for release by the end of 2008 or the first quarter of 2009. This flight sim appears to be a most worthy successor to RB3D and many WW1 flight sim enthusiasts are looking forward to its release.

Rise of Flight web site:
http://riseofflight.com/

Rise of Flight blog:
http://riseofflight.com/blog/?lang=en-US

Here's some screen shots of the damage model of the Rise of Flight ww1 sim:

US95Pickett

Re: Rise of Flight - WW1 flight sim

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, here's a just released video of the Rise of Flight WW1 sim:
http://www.riseofflight.com/en/video.html
US95Pickett
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, here's the computer requirements for running the Rise of Flight WW1 sim:
US95Pickett

Minimal technical requirements

Platform: PC
Processor: Core 2 Duo (Intel) 2.4 HGz
RAM : 2Gb
Hard disk: 4Gb
Videocard: 256 Mb video RAM(GF8600 series and above)
Access to the Internet: At least 256 Kb/s
Operation system: Windows XP/Vista
bletchley

Post by bletchley »

Eek! Minimum? That's me out, until I can get another computer :(

B.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Bletchley, I agree with you too. I just checked and found the requirements of the game have gone up:

Recommended technical requirements

Processor: Core 2 Duo (Intel) 2.8 HGz
RAM : 3Gb
Hard disk: 6 Gb
Videocard: 512 Mb video RAM(GF9800 series or AMD ATI Radeon 4850 series)
Access to the Internet: At least 512 Kb/s
Operating system: Windows XP/Vista (Windows XP requirements can be a little bit less then listed above)
Support of 64-bit operating system is not guaranteed by developers

With these requirements, most people considering this game would have to purchase a new computer to be able to play the game. That's a shame, because with the current fiscal conditions facing citizens of countries throughout the world, it's going to really limit the number of people that will be able to play this game. :?

US95Pickett
US95 Gabi

Post by US95 Gabi »

S!

Let's hope the beta testers will give us clues about real performance on various machines.

I have the computer to play the game though (a quad core with 4gb of ram and 8800 nvidia card), and i hope to sort it out with the time problem till the game shows up.

I miss flying with you, gents
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Rise of Flight is progressing very well. Check out the Rise of Flight preview by SimHQ:
http://www.simhq.com/_air12/air_400a.html
It includes in game video of a dog fight. Except for the computer requirements, it looks very good.
US95Pickett
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, here's another recent dogfight video from Rise of Flight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLvhny6BjwU
US95Pickett
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, here's a recent but short Rise of Flight interview:
http://wwiaircombat.com/
I'm very disappointed with RoF if what the interview reveals is true: that you have to be connected to the internet for any type of gameplay, more specifically: single player..... Of course you would have to be connected to the internet for multiplayer game play, but for single player too? :(

"5. Can I play ROF in offline mode?
No, you can't."

It's bad enough that anyone wanting to play this new WW1 game will need a new top end computer to play it (in such bad economic times for most people in the world), and only two planes will be released (1 hun, 1 allied) and anything other planes you want, you have to pay extra for. But to force a player to have internet access for just single player game play is sad. :thumbdown:
US95Pickett
bletchley

Post by bletchley »

S! Pickett,

As you have to be connected to "their" server, they might even charge for joining the on-line games :(

And then pay for add-ons...

And Updates...

And ?

But maybe that is the only way a new flight sim. can be financially viable these days.

Bletchley
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, well, they just raised the computer requirements again for ROF, :lol:

Operating system: Windows® XP (SP2)/Vista (SP1)
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad 2.6 GHz
RAM: 3 Gb
Hard disk: 8 Gb
Videocard: 768 Mb, compatible with DirectX 9.0c, with support of Pixel Shaders v3
Audio: compatible with DirectX 9.0c
Access to the Internet: 256 Kb/s
Joystick: compatible with Direct X 9.0

I think even US95Waldo will have to upgrade his computer to play this game :P
Whewww, really heavy duty requirements for game play.

US95Pickett
RAF28 Waldo P

Post by RAF28 Waldo P »

Me upgrade hmmm. My computer is 3 years old but it still rocks. I don't have a Quad core but otherwise i bet this puter will handle it. I still question if this game will ever hit the streets. With the high powered computer it needs to the few aircraft that it will have to pick from Its not sounding like a game anyone would want to back hoping for a money maker.

Waldo!!
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, here's a post from ROF about upcoming beta testing:
US95Pickett

http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/March-2009/Beta-test.aspx

Beta test
Dear colleagues, friends and everybody!

We are starting close beta-testing of Rise of Flight, and want to officially offer you to take part in it.

Let me introduce myself, My name is Alex (aka TopGun), I will coordinate and administrate this beta-testing process from neoqb’s side. I am not a programmer and do not answer specific questions; I will coordinate the whole process and build communication between you and neoqb developers.
Personally from childhood I am fond of flying, I’ve got PPL and I am going to get CPL. In neoqb from June 2008. And I hope we can build good team together.

Your competent opinion will help to improve the game, make it even more user-friendly and interesting; we believe that together we can achieve really outstanding result.
We do not offer you simply play a game we offer you to work hard and make good thing. That is why we set rather strict regulations to those who wants to participate in beta-testing. Thank you in advance for understanding.

Terms and conditions:

1. Participants can be only members of stable virtual society (squadrons, regiments – from here - squad).
2. A squad is considered to be stable if it has website more than one year old
3. From 1 squad we can approve 5 applications maximum (5 members max)
4. You should introduce us your leader who will be the first person to communicate to us and coordinate your squad.

What you should do to participate:

1. Send us an email to beta@neoqb.com, describing:
a. History of your squad (1 page max)
b. Names and surnames of the members with their emails (all emails should be real)

Deadline for applications is 06.04.2009.
After we receive your letter and primary accept it, we will send you an invitation.

Next step you should:
1. Download 5 copies of Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA), print them and sign each copy (links, addresses and necessary info will be send in invitation)
2. Scan the signed copies and send us by email.
3. Go to your post office and send us hardcopy.
4. To confirm this please scan post office receipt and send it to us by email.
Finally, the list of accepted squads will be post in our blog on 08.04.2009.

Please pay attention: if in a week time we do not receive scanned copy of the post receipt we will block the access to the game to all members of the squad.

Bug reporting and discussion will be via specialized forum, all further instructions and recommendations will be send to the squad leaders.

When registering in forum use your real photo as avatar, please take care about it from now, by the way, this is also a rule :)

Best regards, TopGun.
bletchley

Post by bletchley »

The aliens have landed..."Take me to your leader" LOL

If you want to be our leader, Pickett, or Waldo or anyone else from US95th (Gabi?), and take part in Beta testing I am happy with that :)

But they may require "leader's certificate" in triplicate (emailed, posted, and another by courier, with a certificate to certify that the original certificate is genuine, signed by the deputy leader and his adjutant).

But, seriously, it is good that they appear to nearing completion on this project. Thanks for the information Pickett.

My computer is not good enough to test it.

Bletchley
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, rgr Bletchley, I kinda had the same impression :lol:
My computer wouldn't be able to handle the requirements of ROF. Maybe Waldo or Gabi might want to give it a go.
I'm waiting for OOF (Over Oleg's Fields) to be released in a few months. At least with OOF, I won't have to take out a major loan to build a computer sufficient to run ROF; too bad, I was really looking forward to ROF.
US95Pickett

Return to “General Forum”