Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2009 - RB3D Reunion - Dayton

US95Pickett

Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2009 - RB3D Reunion - Dayton

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, if there is enough interest in the RB3D community, we are going to have another RB3D Reunion during the Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2009 held at Dayton, Ohio on September 25, 26 & 27, 2009. The previous RB3D Reunions were a great time for RB pilots and their families; see the US95th web site photo albums for pictures.

The Dawn Patrol Rendezvous is held at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base; it is free and enjoyable for the whole family. You will also enjoy the U.S. Air Force Museums (also free); the WW1 Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2009 air show is held adjacent to the museum buildings.

Hope you can make it if the reunion happens, I assure you it is worth the trip!
US95Pickett

The Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2009 is offered by:
The National Museum of the USAF
http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/news&e ... /index.asp
and
The Great War Aeroplanes Association
http://www.gwaero.org/
US95Pickett

Re: Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2009 - RB3D Reunion - Dayton

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, here's what the poster for the Dawn Patrol Rendezvoux 2009 - RB3D Reunion at Dayton, Ohio looks like:

Hope to see you there!
US95Pickett
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Yal! Nice poster! I may be able to go there since it's only a couple of hours from my house,and
I enjoy meeting the other pilots and just hang around and enjoy the planes in the fields.
I have not been able to get my RB game to look the way I want to. It seems that after I lost my good card, and tried to replace it with bigger ones my game does not work when I install DGvoodoo files in them. :wtf:
My cards are (DIABLO TECH 7300 GT') and (VISIONTECH Radeon X1950 PRO XGE) They both seem to work well on all other apps, but not with RB3D. In these hard times I can't afford to buy still another card for my old systems which are almost obsolete now! My only choice is inviso cockpit. I got spoiled by the great grafix from my old setup that It feels lame to play in the old format. If there is a GURU that can help me I would be totally greatful.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, hey Zardo, good to see ya :) Hope you can make it to Dayton this fall :mrgreen: I think Waldo and DarkAngel are going to try and make it to Dayton also.

In ref. to your video card problems, maybe US95Gabi could help you, he's a computer programmer and has written several programs for RB, including an updated glide emulator for RB. US95Gabi's files are located here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/GabiLaser

The only other thing I could suggest would be to check out Polovski's web site; he has a section on glide emulators for video cards:
http://www.polovski.com/RB3D.htm

US95Pickett
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Thanks Pickett! I'll try Gabi first.
US95 NoMurC

Post by US95 NoMurC »

Retire in May + Dawn Patrol = Hmmmmm
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I had been asked by J9_Monkey to set up a web site and forum for the RB3D Reunion that will be held this September 2009 at Dayton, Ohio (Monkey, Murph and I are doing the planning for the reunion). The web site is at:
http://ww1aces.com/
US95Pickett
RAF28 Waldo P

Post by RAF28 Waldo P »

Salute Pickett

We are going to try and make it again this year but i can't say for sure till summers end.

Waldo!!
US95_Dartagnan

Post by US95_Dartagnan »

S! How have you all been? I see Pickett is still around. I haven't been playing RB3d for some years. I was in the original squad from RB2 days and the upgraded RB3d. I remember how we used to only have 2v2 planes during each match. My wife still tells people how I would rather stay home and play RB than go out to eat. I was thinking about getting this XP box to run RB3d, but the disks wont run. Any tips?
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, D'Artagnan, good to see ya again :) been a real long time. Is it the RB cd disk that isn't working? In that case I would try a couple things: use a can of compressed air to clean the cd drive tray and interior of the cd drive (with the tray open) and use some rubbing alcohol to clean the RB disk (the data side of the disk). If the RB disk doesn't start installing when you insert it into the cd drive, it could be that auto-run is turned off, just browse to your cd drive in windows explorer view and click on setup.exe. If your cd drive in windows explorer view isn't showing the contents of the RB disk, your cd drive may be bad or have a loose cable connection (unplug the cables to it, replug them and retry again).
US95Pickett

Return to “General Forum”