Harold Buckley

mcgyverj

Harold Buckley

Post by mcgyverj »

I am researching Harold Buckley and would appreciate any info, photos, or leads. I would like to compile the info and give it to one of his great grandchildren (my cousin's husband) for his upcoming birthday. I am requesting military records from NARA, but thought that someone on this site might have more info. Thanks in advance.
Jim
US95Pickett

Re: Harold Buckley

Post by US95Pickett »

Hi mcgyverj/Jim, a lot of the WW1 aviation military records stored in one of the storage facilities were destroyed by a fire a long time ago.

I will search for any further information not already available on the US95th website about Harold Buckley and will post it here for you.

Harold Buckley had published a book, Squadron 95, which is out of print. The website of the last publishing company for the Squadron 95 book, Ayer Publishing, doesn't exist anymore apparently. Copies of the book can be occasionally found through used book dealers.

Good luck in your research and I will post whatever additional information that I can find for you.
US95Pickett
US95Pickett

Re: Harold Buckley

Post by US95Pickett »

Hi mcgyverj/Jim, here's some more information about Harold Robert Buckley that I just researched and think will help you out. If I find out more information, I'll post it for you.
US95Pickett

Harold Robert Buckley
Born: 04 April 1896 in Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts
Died: 13 June 1958 in Rigby, Jefferson County, Idaho

Father of Harold Robert Buckley: Daniel H. Buckley
Born: July 1862 in Torrington, Litchfield County, Connecticut
Died: after 1920 probably in Agawam, Hampden County, Massachusetts

Mother of Harold Robert Buckley: Mary A. (maiden name unknown) (parents of Mary A. were born in Ireland)
Born: December 1865 in Connecticut
Died: between 1900 - 1920 probably in Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts

Brothers of Harold Robert Buckley (other children of Daniel H. and Mary A. Buckley):
Allyn J. Buckley born October 1890 in Connecticut
Roger D. Buckley born December 1897 in Massachusetts

Grandparents of Harold Robert Buckley:

Grandfather of Harold Robert Buckley: Daniel Buckley
Born: about 1834 in Ireland
Died: after 1870, probably in Connecticut

Grandmother of Harold Robert Buckley: Margaret (maiden name unknown)
Born: about 1836 in Ireland
Died: after 1870, probably in Connecticut

Other Children of Daniel and Margaret Buckley (grandparents of Harold Robert Buckley):
William Buckley born about 1852 in Connecticut
Margaret Buckley born about 1857 in Connecticut
John Buckley born about 1860 in Conneticut
Johanna Buckley born about 1861 in Connecticut
Daniel Buckley born July 1862 in Torrington, Litchfield County, Connecticut (father of Harold Robert Buckley)
Patrick Buckley born about 1865 in Connecticut
Edward Buckley born about 1867 in Connecticut

Wife of Harold Robert Buckley: Isabelle DeMun Palms
Born: 03 October 1900 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan
Died: 14 June 1958 probably in Rigby, Jefferson County, Idaho

Parents of Isabelle DeMun Palms:

Father of Isabelle DeMun Palms: Charles Louis Palms
Born: 02 June 1871 in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana
Died: 01 March 1925 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan
Buried: Mount Elliott Cemetery, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, USA, Plot: 2606

Mother of Isabelle DeMun Palms: Isabelle DeMun Walsh
Born: 17 November 1874 in St. Louis, Missouri
Died: 24 December 1949 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan
Buried: Mount Elliott Cemetery, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, USA, Plot: 2606

Other children of Charles Louis Palms and Isabelle DeMun Walsh Palms (parents of Isabelle DeMun Palms Buckley):
Josephine D. Palms born about 1896 in Michigan
Charles L. Palms, Jr. born 28 October 1898 in Michigan
Isabelle DeMun Palms born 03 October 1900 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan (wife of Harold Robert Buckley)
Dorthy C. Palms born about 1902 in Michigan

Harold Robert Buckley and Isabelle DeMun Palms were married about 1924

Children of Harold Robert and Isabelle DeMun Buckley:
Mary A. Buckley born about 1925 in Michigan
Charles P. Buckley born about 1926 in Michigan

At the time of the 1930 U.S. Federal Census, Harold Robert and Isabelle DeMun Buckley were living in Washington, District of Columbia.

Here's a picture from Harold Robert Buckley's 1917 passport that he used when he joined the American Ambulance Field Service in France during World War 1 before he joined the US95th Aero Squadron:

Here's a picture from Harold Robert Buckley's 1921 passport:

Here's a picture of Harold Robert Buckley's wife: Isabelle DeMun Palms from her 1921 passport:

And here is the 1917 U.S. Passport of Harold Robert Buckley that he used to travel to Europe and join the American Ambulance Field Service in France, along with a letter verifying that he is joining the American Ambulance Field Service in France.

You can view larger images of his 1917 passport: HERE and from HERE

Return to “General Forum”