Rise of Flight patch 1.019 released

US95Pickett

Rise of Flight patch 1.019 released

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, the Rise of Flight patch 1.019 was released today and it is a large patch - 641 MB in size, so plan on it taking awhile to download and install. I'm updating our 2 RoF servers now so hopefully they should be running shortly.

Here is the link to the RoF posting about the 1.019 patch and what it includes:
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 876c115ac8

IMPORTANT: any videos that you have taken in the RoF game, using the in-game RoF video recorder, will not work after you install the 1.019 patch, so render your videos that you plan to use for YouTube, etc. BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE 1.019 PATCH.
correction on profiles: You don't have to backup your profiles prior to installing this 1.019 patch; the patch doesn't overwrite your profiles like previous patches used to do.
US95Pickett
Last edited by US95Pickett on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thud

Re: Rise of Flight patch 1.019 released

Post by Thud »

S!

Are you going to be adding new features like fog and autumn foliage to the current missions?
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Thud, right now the download (for me) has slowed down to a crawl (probably because of everyone trying to update their RoF).

Once I get my desktop RoF updated, I have to also update the RoF server mission files and upload them to the servers. I will first try to get our mission files updated (including the Breguet 14), installed and running on the updated RoF servers. After that, I will go into the mission editor and adjust our current missions to add the morning/evening ground fog and the autumn colors, etc. It will probably take me a little time to see what has changed in the mission editor and to add the new features into our current and new missions, but I will get it done asap.
US95Pickett
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Salute all!

Thank you for your dedication, We appreciate all the hard work you do to keep the servers up and running. Bumber about the video thing, read your post after I updated. Oh well, mine werent any googd anyway, hoping to get to watch more from the 95th on you tube. Punish's intro was really cool. I like the music.
"up and at em"
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I just finished updating our 2 RoF servers, updated the missions to include the fall seasons and morning/evening fog and the Breguet 14. Hopefully everything will work ok :lol:
US95Pickett
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S Picket!

What folder are the Profiles in, so i can copy them to a safe haven?
:oops:
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, apparently, you do not need to back up your profiles before upgrading; the upgrade now works without overwriting your profiles :clap:
US95Pickett

note: there is a bug in the 1.019 patch whereby it does not save your fuel load settings; each time you start the game and whenever you switch to a different plane model it defaults to 100% fuel level so you'll have to adjust your fuel level.
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S! All

Cool beans on the info share, sir. Thank you very much, for putting my fears to rest.
:cool2:
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

Thud

Post by Thud »

Pickett, great job with the update. The fog looks great and does not seem to cause fps issues like I was afraid it would.

Now that we have single seat bombers for both sides can we have a few AI single seaters added to the missions?
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I've changed the 2 AI bombers in our server # 2 from the Gotha and HP to the DFW and Breguet. They should be a little bit easier to shoot down than the big bombers, but the rear gunners are still accurate/deadly.
US95Pickett

Return to “General Forum”