"Rise of Flight montage"

US95 Punish

"Rise of Flight montage"

Post by US95 Punish »

I decided to make a video of all the flyable aircraft in this montage. Hope you enjoy it?
US95Zardo

Re: "Rise of Flight montage"

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Punish! Nice work! I have a video that I want to post, but I need help putting it together. I have all the clips I want to compile into the vid, but I don't know how to put it together. I know I can do it with the help of someone such as you! Is there any way you can help?
Yours trully US95th Maj. Zardo
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S! Zardo

You should be able to 'splice' it together in Windows Movie Maker, if you have it in Fraps already. Just add some music and viola!
:thumbup:
Tip on music: Find the song you like and look at the timing. Splice in apropos scenes to the time marks of the music for best effect. Crescendos for the kill shots. Fast/exciting for the chase and dog fight. Mood building for pre-dogfight and advantage maneuvers... etc.
:clap:
I really gotta get fraps and do some up! :mrgreen:
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

SALUTE Odee! Thanks.
But since I never did one like this :? and this one I would like to see go well,
I'm a show me kind of guy. Not illiterate but don't read much. So something like this seems BIG to me, :shock:
But I am easy to teach. I don't mean to sound like a moron, but none the less, :biggrin2:
Does it work on the same principles as word editing? And do I have to use keboard short cuts? or is there a window where this procedure is done?
How do I open it?
Is all the editing done in the window where I review the video?
Am I making any sense? :deadman2:
It'll take me days to figure it out and I won't stick to it.
Maybe we can meet on TS or something.
I promise that if someone shows me, I will make him proud! :cool2:
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S! Zardo

No, you're not a moron... that's my department. :lol:
Zardo asks:
1. Does it work on the same principles as word editing?
2. Do I have to use keyboard short cuts, or is there a window where this procedure is done?
3. How do I open it?
4. Is all the editing done in the window where I review the video?
1. Sort of, only your cut/paste is done with Fraps/MovieMaker, where you set up the scene you want to record from the game; i.e. what angles, distance and so on in, the RoF reviewer first.
Then when your comfy with the angles and such, start Fraps (F9 key I think), start RoF movie for the scene. Stop Fraps (f9 again?). Move on to next scene and rinse, repeat until you have all the Fraps movies you want.

Okay, so now you have a brazillion gig of Fraps films, and want to compile them to one Epic Film. So open Movie Maker (should be in Programs or Programs (86) folder. Then in MM (movie maker) open the Fraps video you want to start with. Should be a splice, or add video button in MM that let's you take all those scenes you filmed and juggle them around to one fluid video. (MIKE, Help me out here!)
Once you have the video edited to your liking, SAVE it with whatever you want to call it. review the whole thing again to make sure it works okay, before deleting the Fraps files you made the compilation from.

2. I believe f9 starts/stops Fraps filming. NOTE: If you don't have a second drive, get one, and make sure you have Fraps save the movies it makes to that drive. This will (a) save your C: drives space, and (b) keep from corrupting anything on said C: drive.

3. Open Fraps or Movie Maker? :think:

OMG I think I just confused myself? :shh:
US95 Odee

US95 Punish

Post by US95 Punish »

Sorry for not responding sooner Zardo/Odee. I did not get the PM until around 8 CST on FB by Oscar.

When you run fraps I use the default settings for movies which is F9 (Screenshots are F10)
benchmarking key is F11, I use that when the little numbers disappears and you kind of forget if you are running the recorder in fraps or not, it will bring the numbers back. If your numbers are yellow then it's off, red is of course activated, and you can hit as many random videos/screenshots as you wish.

When you take your movies in ROF or any other game; the fraps folder is in your C :/ drive by itself (do not go into your programs folders)
Open it and there you will see your screenshots and of course your movie folders already installed in case you did not already know that.

What I use to make my movies is Windows Live Movie Maker for my movies and screenshots to add to YouTube. This is a free program:
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mo ... r?os=other
Of course if you use soundtracks you will get an email if you are using copyright material, it’s just standard procedures to cover YouTube’s butt. I have several but no action has ever been done. Many ROF movie makers use them. Of course if people used them for financial benefit they could get in a lot of trouble.

Once it's installed you can simply go to your videos in your fraps folder and pick which one you want to start with. Right click on the video and left click Open With Windows Live Movie Maker.

You'll see the program open and your first video will open up and there you can edit, split, add music, videos, screenshots, etc.
You have an Animations, Visual Effects, Add music, Project and View tabs at the top.

The Animations let you add screen changes like I have done with mine, just experiment Zardo.
The Visual Effects lets you change how the screen looks if you want day with color, black and white, Sepia, etc.
You can add soundtracks by clicking add music and where you want it. I use MP3, or Wav files. (Never tried anything else yet)
NOTE: You can also split your movies and also your soundtracks and have them fade in and out slow, medium fast or NONE.
You can slow your movies down for cinematic features or speed them up.

Once you add the videos you can add your Title, Caption and Credit to which shots you want to take.

Maybe I'll do a video of the course for you but not tonight, got to rest a bit, just finished "The Death of Oswald Boelcke"

Once your project is finished just save it and publish it to YouTube, you should already have the YouTube, Facebook, etc. plugins added when you download it.

I'll check back tomorrow and see how you are doing sir?
I know if I can do it, anyone can LOL.
S! US95 Punish
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S! Punish

Could you clarify what you mean by "Split your movies", please. Is that like merging parts of several RoF to Fraps movie clips in to one Movie Maker file (project)?
US95 Odee

US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Odee and Punish! I want to thank both of you for your help. I thought I posted a response earlier today but maybe I posted it somwhere else :deadman2:
Anway, I was looking to edit my movie in WMM instead of Fraps, and my question was, How do I add a scene from Fraps in between my movie. Well the answer was right under my nose sorta'.
When I right click on the movie I have opened in WMM a small window pops up with the option to Start point, end point, split, add , and remove, from any part of the video I choose within the chunks provided. You can even stretch the chuncks to break them down to smaller segs if you wish.
So I think that there; rests the ansewer I was looking for. :biggrin2:
The split button splits my movie where I want to add the highlighted cuts into it. :mad2:
then I go to Fraps movie files to add the particular file I want there.
In the meantime I did upload the 'Stalemate' storyboard cut into Youtube.
How does it look so far? :eh:
Umm. It is uploading as I type. So go to youtube and in the search bar, type [zardoman1] and you shoudl see the new storyboard cut, 'Stalemate'.
US95 Punish

Post by US95 Punish »

Odee wrote:Oz, splitting your movies is movie your vertical line to a spot where you want to split the scen from one scene to another and then his your edit tab and click on split then it will split them down the center into two scenes.

Zardo I typed in your Stalemate in search and found nothing, is it already loaded into YouTube and is it public?
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S! and WTG Zardo... heck of a fight there sir.
:clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:
US95 Odee

US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Yal! I found the tab I need to split add remove and all that jazz. :biggrin2: I'm ready to do the movie. Stay tuned. :mad2:
US95 Punish

Post by US95 Punish »

Sorry for not replying sooner Zardo, for some reason my email notification is not responding like it did even though I have the forum user profile set that way.
Yes we need too do this soon.

Return to “General Forum”