My 1st Movie: Rise of Flight Furball

US95 Odee

My 1st Movie: Rise of Flight Furball

Post by US95 Odee »

S! Everyone

Here is my first effort at making a movie in game. Unfortunately this was on a non-US95 server, with some of our more intrepid fliers; FogelGT, FraggleGT, Hoogie, and a host of others.

Please... Let me know how I can make the films better.
:mad2:

PS how do I get the video to show in here other than posting a link to it?

Edit by Admin: Odie, you had the right youtube url address, you just needed to enclose the youtube url address within the youtube codes [youtube] and [/youtube]

see this forum post about posting youtube videos in our forum:
http://us95th.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=848
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

US95 Punish

Re: My 1st Movie: Rise of Flight Furball

Post by US95 Punish »

Odee you have to use the main address link for the 95th not the share button and use the youtube tab for the link for it to show up here.
The share button linbk is for facebook and emails.
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

Oh SNAPS it didn't show up for you guys in here?
:deadman2:

Thanks to ADMIN for the correction

PS, how do I get the darn thing to film in widescreen?
US95 Odee

US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Odee. Good action.
I only have one movie under my belt that I can say took me lots of re-editing of the orininal files to create a sence of closeness.
For my first vid, I tried to create a sense of birds eye view, where as if I were the bird, what possition would I like to see a certain action unfold that would make me say 'OOOH! WOW! NO WAY! and WTF!
Just like in the movies.
It took me two months to make that video, after I spent six weeks on it the first time, and I took a tantrum,
ended up deleting it. :deadman2: The next day I couldn't start another project I wanted to do if I can't fix the one I started. So I started again. :mad2:
I wish there was a project timer that tells you how many hours you actually spend on a particular project. Some of my co workers believe it took me longer than that to do it.
So my advice to you and me would be to edit, check, edit, check etc. Til it looks like something I wish I could present.
Gameplay vids work too, with just a little work like Stalemate, the rough cut. :biggrin2: I made a vid that shows action. I think if someone watches an ROF video they should be left with a sense of,It looks fun! 'I wish I was doing that!'
Please allow me to bow out gracefully, til I get more experience.
Perhaps we can all learn from one anothers techniques and skills.
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

Salute Zardo!

And a hearty 'thanks' for the tips and advice. Being a writer, I agree 125% with edit, proofread (proofwatch?), edit, wash, rinse, repeat, until it's right.

My current project will be one that starts out high, and devolves to a hairy furball skimming over the trees and fields. Starts with a bang, and then "ruh roh, those aren't Neiuports!" (insert Curly's nyagh-agh-agh!)

Thanks again.
US95 Odee

Return to “General Forum”