Rise of Flight update 1.021 released

US95Pickett

Rise of Flight update 1.021 released

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Rise of Flight update 1.021 was released today. It is approximately 288mb in size, so it will take awhile to download. There is also updated skins that you can download from here:
http://riseofflight.com/en/community/usefulmaterials
The skins are not included in the 1.021 patch; you have to download the skins separately.
US95Pickett

EDIT: this patch may overwrite you custom joystick settings/curves, so you might want to back your curve settings up BEFORE updating. Also, I'm not sure if your RoF in game movies will be editable after the patch is applied: sometimes a RoF patch makes the previous version movies un-editable with the new version patch, so you might want to export your RoF in game movies to another format just to be safe so you can edit them later on.

The new Spad 7 plane is responsive and climbs well, but is very touchy; more touchy than the Camel is (at least to me). I've put the Spad 7 into a spin twice now, and both times I was unable to recover from the spin. So for me, the Spad 7 is gonna require a fair amount of practice in it to get accustomed to its flight characteristics. Bad thing about the Spad 7 is it only has an ammo capacity of 350 rounds, so you will have to be accurate in your shot placement in a dogfight.
US95 2Lt Blake

Re: Rise of Flight update 1.021 released

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Salute all!
I installed update but now my game is unplayable. It studders and is supper jaggy. what did I do wrong?
any sugestions as to how to return to the smooth flight I had before update?
so bumbed :(
"up and at em"
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Blake, I noticed the update had changed my graphics settings for RoF and I had to change them back.

To change your RoF graphics settings, go to the folder where Rise of Flight is installed on your computer, then to the "release" folder of the "bin_game" folder and click on "Settings.exe". My computer is running Windows XP and it is located at C:\Program Files\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\Settings.exe
When you click on "Settings.exe", you will see the following window:

Click on the "Graphics" tab at the top to see all of the graphics settings that you can adjust.

If you remember your previous graphics settings in RoF, just change the settings to what you had before. If you don't know what your previous settings were, then try changing the settings to Med, then try the game to see how it performs. Then it's a matter of trial and error - change some settings higher and retry RoF to see how it performs, then repeat your experimentation of your RoF graphics settings.

One thing to watch while you change various settings, is the Video memory usage: % which is located on the bottom left of the settings.exe screen (you can see it in the image above). I would try to keep it 70% or less. You can see my settings, I have it set at 50% (but my graphics settings may or may not work for you; some of your settings will probably end up being different from my settings).

Hope this helps!
US95Pickett
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Blake, I've been reading some RoF forums and apparently this latest patch, 1.021, has caused serious problems with stuttering, etc. for those pilots who have a single ATI video card in their computer.

Do you have an ATI video card? That may be the problem you are experiencing.

I have an Nvidia GTX460 and don't have any problems with it, but there seems to be a LOT of video problems for pilots with an ATI video card since this latest 1.021 patch.

I'll keep watching the RoF help forums and see if there is any kind of quick fix or when they anticipate the release of a patch to fix the problem.

US95Pickett
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Salute!
thanks Pickett for the help. I infact have An ATI Radeon 5450. So I guess I just wait and see. tooooo frustrating trying to fly pause and skip ahead.

Not fair :deadman2:
"up and at em"
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Yal! I just did the download and I just had to change a couple of miner changes that I was able to do. I have no problem with the game. It also executed a DX update that I also installed.
I nave a 5700 ATI card. I didn't experience a glitch that I know of yet.
It may also depend on the overall system? I don't know of.
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

US95Pickett wrote:S! all, Blake, I've been reading some RoF forums and apparently this latest patch, 1.021, has caused serious problems with stuttering, etc. for those pilots who have a single ATI video card in their computer....

US95Pickett
Looks like no patch for moi. *has ATI video card*
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Blake, apparently the Devs at RoF have found out for themselves the stuttering problem with ATI cards is real and affecting many players. Anyways, they are working on the problem so hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

In the meantime, I found this post at the RoF forum from a statement by Jason - owner of 777 Studios/RoF. I highlighted the important part for you to try below - it might be a temporary help for you:
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic ... wrapheader
Ok guys,

I built myself an ATI system today and I can confirm that I get the stutters too and they are obvious. These are different than any others I have experience and they are very strange. We've never had such a problem before with single cards. So this tells me that something really odd is happening. We don't know what the cause is yet obviously. If only ATI would talk to us. Grrr....

However all is not lost, try the following. Lock your framerate to 30 in the ROF Settings and check on Multi-GPU even if you have a single card. I was able to acheive a smooth, playable, stutter-free picture during a QMB with 6 planes at low altitude doing this. Parrallax mapping seems to currently cause some very small micro-stutters right near the ground still. This also happens with NVIDIA cards with their latest drivers so we are aware of that already.

Keep your ATI settings at benign deafult settings to not add any more stress to ROF rendering.

I'm going to do more testing, but the problem seems to be related to your framerate. Or perhaps the CPU is clogging up and limiting FPS helps unclog it. Who knows, but Sergey and Viks in the office are working on it this week.

As soon as we know more I'll post.

Jason
Hope this helps!
US95Pickett
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Salute!
I read that early this morning. of course I tried to copy all of Jason settings and my Vid memory was over 139%. I have had to set everything at low or off. I have been able to play with minimal stutterings for over an hour with up to 3 planes in QMB.
I cant believe that my rig is obsolete after only 9 months of game play.

AMD Phenom II 945 Quad core
ATI Radeon HD 5450 with 512MB DDR 3 dedicated graphics card
8GB Systems mem
1 Terabite hardrive
windows 7 64

I understand my graphics card is on the low end but it meets the specs stated on the box of the copy of ROF I bought at the computer store.
I have always had to run graphics setting at med, but now everything low or off?

What if I added another card with more dedicated memory? Do you think it would fix this problem plus increase my proformance?

why's it gotta be like this? :deadman2:
"up and at em"
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Salute

Ok back up and running with little to no stutter,s everything set to low or off using 13% vid mem. And really it doesnt even look all that different from the previous patch. Who knows whats up. Still thinking a better card might add to my enjoyment. Any suggestions on good cards that wont break the bank? I maybe in the market for one in the near future
"up and at em"

Return to “General Forum”