to blip or not

Post your help requests and suggestions here.
US95 2Lt Blake

to blip or not

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Salute all!
been busy trying to wrap up another school year. I hope to get back on the mp us95 server soon. I have still been practicing when I can with the camel and do ok against AI up to veteran. However, when fighting Ace or real apponents I still slip into a spin right when I get up behind the target and then slip, spin, crash. by this time the enemy has drop to ground level leaving me no room to recover. I blip engine to stay slow on six and eventually will loose enough air speed to stall. I like the blip cuz it gives full power imediately but this may also be the cause of all my toubles, I just dont know. Question, Do you blip the camel engine or do you throttle down? and could you please explain your reasoning. I appreciate all your help, your really the only sounding board I have to help improve my game. I hope to be an invaluable asset to the 95 someday. right now I just feel like fodder. :deadman2:
thanks in advance
ps Zardo pmed you my email, still no camel vids, bet I could glean so much from them. anyway if and when you get the chance I would love to see.
"up and at em"
RAF28 Waldo P

Re: to blip or not

Post by RAF28 Waldo P »

Salute Blake

I myself just use the throttle. I throttle down anytime i turn or dive. I never spin when im behind someone but I do alot while trying to get to his 6. When I first started flying ROF I tryed the blip switch but sometimes I would hold it down too long and kill my engine. Thats never a problem if I just chop throttle. My guess is either will work ok with pratice.

Waldo!!
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

:cool2:
>S< Gentlemen

I would agree with the throttle down, v Blip. In my limited ROF experience, it's the best way to go and stay in the flight.

Training aids; There are several videos on YouTube showing combat maneuvers for RoF specifically. Also, the WW2 games Warbirds and Aces High have training films that have the path of flight showing how the maneuvers look in practice from outside view.

Here's one from YouTube on the Snap Roll. http://youtu.be/m2R8a-dzYhk All this guys videos are pretty good in talking you through the maneuvers.

Odee
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Yal! You will want to see all of Requiem10ns vids. They are very helpfull.
I also have a few vids of my own on youtube. Punch in 'zardoman1' on the search bar after you go to youtube .com I am willing to post some basic kills that I practice on AI. I use both Blip and or throttle in combination. my practice vids have no chatter on them so you can hear how I fly as well as seeing.
If you are interested, I will post several practice with AI vids. I only practice with ace AI. They are on standby waitng your request.
Remember, I am not Requiem or anything like that, but if my vids will help you fly the Camel better, I will be glad I posted them. :cool2:
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S!
:cool2:
YES! *arm pumps* Requiem's videos are on a par with Shaw's dog fighting techniques.

Blake, when getting on a targets 6, you have to think ahead of the flight by a few seconds. Like where will he be and how can I get there to cut him off? In a steep dive, with the Camel, I cut throttle, keep one eye on the red line, and blip if speed gets above 200.

In a 'flat' turning fight, cut your throttle to about 1k RPM, use some rudder in a 45 degree bank and pull the stick back, adding power before you get to the stall limit. Try to keep that red triangle in the center and you should pull around on anything but a Dr.1. Put a little lead on the gunsite, aiming at the engine and bang away.

If you want, I'll be glad to help you out in our private arena. Just give me a date/time you're usually on and we can joust, as I talk you through the fight.
:thumbup:
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

Return to “Help and Suggestions”