Introducing myself to the 95th.

Post your help requests and suggestions here.
US95 Punish

Introducing myself to the 95th.

Post by US95 Punish »

Hello 95th,
My name is Mike or Michael, I am 55 years of age and my longtime friend Oscar (Odee) guided me in your direction. I am a retired Commercial Bread baker who loves WW1 flight Sims. My first flight sim game in fact was Red Baron 2 back in 1998; played it for 8 months till my old 233 MHz crashed into No-man's land for the last time LOL. I bought CFS3 sometime back in order to fly OFF but could never get the downloads to work properly so I bought ROF.

At this time my system is not as good as I'd want it to be, I am running a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-500y with 8 gigs of ram (can go up to 16 gigs), AMD Phenom 11 1045T Six-Core Processor, 1.5 Terabyte HD, Windows 7 but my only drawback is my petrol ran out (LOL kidding) I am using a budget card ATI HD 6450 with 512 MB memory. I can run the game fairly smooth on most setting but the landscape has to be on low. I do ok till I run into a cumulous and the birds are flying by at a slower pace.
I am trying to get the misses to let me get a better better power supply and a GTX-450 or 550, then I'll be set. I bought a good flight stick a few months back; the Cyborg X with twin throttles on the base.

Still learning the ROF curves and have not yet played online, will need to some good tutors with patience. Just remember to be kind to us old war horses and make sure that our cockpits have plenty of ammo, gingko Biloba and oh yes, several can's of ensure. ;)
Hope to join your squadron soon. >Salute<
US95 Odee

Re: Introducing myself to the 95th.

Post by US95 Odee »

S! Punish... aka General Punish recently retired of the Colonial Marines :cool2:

I can't thank this guy enough for the many years of fun gaming we've had together, and he even lets me win sometimes. He's a good stick, and all around swell person in real life too. *that's $5 bucks Mike*

Also, it's good to have another olde phart in the gaming arena.
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, welcome to the squadron Punish :D I've changed your forum pilot name to US95 Punish; both you and Odee now have access to the private sections of our forum.

Welcome from the US95th Aero Squadron to both Odee and Punish :biggrin2:
US95Pickett
US95 Punish

Post by US95 Punish »

Thank you much for the invite sir (Odee the 5 bucks is on the mail plane to Virginia as we speak) ;)

Looking forward to trying your servers. Need to get teamspeak up and going now, haven't used it in years. S!
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

S! to All....

Just popped into the server and what do I see? a bunch of new members.....Welcome to the Zoo....V...
US95 Punish

Post by US95 Punish »

Thanks for the welcome Vampire. S!
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Punish! Welcome to the 95th. :mad2:
I will be glad to teach you the Camel if you will teach me how to edit moveis!
Win/Win situation. Just be patient with me as I will be patient with you! :cool2:
The guys made me the Major because of what a major pain in the butt I can be. :biggrin2:
And I want you to know that I'm an old fart as well. Your still a young man to me. :wink2:
And you forgot to mention Saw palmeto for the prostate and the DHEA for testosterone replacement! :biggrin2:

Return to “Help and Suggestions”