Public Servers Annoucement

This forum is open to all.

Moderator: ph95_admin-2015

US95Pickett

Public Servers Annoucement

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, this is from a post at WOV, and as indicated, affects several servers:

I don't like posting here so I will say this once and will not be following the thread so don't bother posting to it.

JG13_KPijon has developed a server side cheat detection program called RBSMon. It catches a huge variety of cheats and it can tell the difference between cheats and genuine lag. I'm not telling you all the things it catches because I don't want to put ideas into anyone's head.

I am serverop for four of the community's host boxes encompassing about 10 different RB servers. Yes, people have given me remote administrator rights to their servers. I use Klay's RBSMon and I check the logs.

RBSMon has caught a small number of FM hacks being used on the open servers. It caught 2 people cheating in RBWL. It has brought down the HQ of one squad and has gotten members expelled from another squad and blocked from the servers.

Suffice it to say that if you decide to "test" anything on one of the RBSMon servers you risk being caught by me. And if Klay agrees that the logs show you cheating then I will take action by derouting your IP. Imagine every RAF server being invisible to you, plus all the FiF servers, the WarForces and RBWL servers, plus many more. All that will remain to you will be a handful of unpopulated servers.

There is no point in me posting a list of cheaters or griefers here. They will just change their names so you don't know who they are. I will still know them by their IP signatures in the logs however. And if they become a problem I will deroute their IPs from the servers I manage and they will disappear from the community. Has anyone noticed the absence of Griffin?

And finally, most cheat accusations are wrong. Fly, have fun and instead of calling cheat when you get your *** kicked, ask the victor for lessons instead.

Sourkraut you need to e-mail me:

i.foster[at]sympatico.ca

--------------------
Maj. Sir Pepe LePeu, VC
Squadron Training Officer
209 squadron RAF

US95Pickett
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Wow! This is a good thing! 8D This should elliminate alot of bad calls.
And keep perps out of the picture! I like it! 8D

Return to “Open Forum”