Hey Everyone

US95 RedDawg

Hey Everyone

Post by US95 RedDawg »

Just stopping in to say hi. I just picked up the game Rise of Flight Iron Cross it looks awsome with online play my computer won't run if of coarse:p But was wondering if anyone else had tried it? Later Salute, Dawg
US95Pickett

Re: Hey Everyone

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, RedDawg, it's been a loooooonnnnngggggg time :lol: Glad to see everything is going ok for you. I'm not sure who on the squadron might have tried Rise of Flight (if anyone). It takes a powerful gaming rig to run it decently, plus it has bad points like having to purchase all the extra plane models, draconian DRM, registration hassles, you can't resell it if you're not happy with it because the 2nd hand buyer can't register it if it has already been registered, there's not many people in the servers (all private servers because they don't provide servers like when RB started), no support for Windows 7 & 64 bit systems, can't have lan parties with it unless you're connected to the internet, etc.

But Red Baron is still going, even after 12+ years. You should re-install it and fly with us again. The US95th sponsors a new war series called RBWar that runs either Saturday or Sunday every weekend. It's been a lot of fun. You should join us; more information over at the RBWar forum.
US95Pickett
US95 RedDawg

Post by US95 RedDawg »

Your right about needing a big rig lol I had to buy a 1g video card, and a 550W power supply. Now I need a quad processor :? I'm loading IL2 back now and I didn't even know RB was still going on. Rise of Flight has some awsome graphics and the planes are harder to fly. No clear dash makes it rough to keep on target but it has padlock features that help. But if you have the machine to push it I think it will be a good one. The new version has 8 planes included with it and you can buy more I think they are about $7 ea. I flew with Jenkins last night in a server and they had the 95th colors so I created a character US95th Dawg lol S!
US95Willowmaker

Post by US95Willowmaker »

Salute Red. Hope all is fine. Good to see u. :mrgreen: W.M. PS come fly the friendly skies.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, RedDawg, well......
I think I'm sliding towards the dark side :lol:

I just obtained a computer that I think should play both ROF and IL2 without any problems, and I've purchased both ROF and IL2 1946. Now I need to start learning both of those games.

With so few active US95th pilots now, I think we need to reform the squadron and branch out to IL2 and ROF. I'll post more in our private forum for further discussion.
US95Pickett

Return to “General Forum”