posting youtube videos

US95Pickett

posting youtube videos

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, I've set up a new BBcode whereby you can now post YouTube videos in the forum.

You have to be logged into the forum. When you create a new forum topic, you will see a new BBcode named youtube located just above the message body box where you type in your new message. Just click on the youtube BBcode box and then enter the web url address of the YouTube video between the youtube BBcode boxes in the message body box where you are typing your new message.

example: [youtube]Link to YouTube Video[/youtube]

That's all there is to it ;)

US95 Punish

Re: posting youtube videos

Post by US95 Punish »

Cavatina the youtube code doesn't seem to be working when I hit preview? My first ROF 2 min video. I went ahead and posted the main link here.

EDIT: I added the correct url address to the youtube code so that it would show up correctly.
US95Pickett
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Punish, I tried your link so I could check about testing the youtube code with your youtube video but I get the following message (may have something to do with why it doesn't display in the forum):

This video is private.
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in.

US95Pickett
US95 Punish

Post by US95 Punish »

Mister Pickett sir, sorry for that mess up, it was the first time I had made a video like that and posting it straight to YouTube but it was either private or public and I didn't want to post it publicly.

Anyway here it is in the other forum.

http://us95th.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=849

P.S. I just made a new color video in color as well and it is posted. >S<
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

>S< All

Seems the youtube button's broken? Tried using the Browser URL, the Share URL, and the Embedded code and all that showed up was code. No preview picture like in Pickett's first posting, to click on?

:oops:
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Odee, You need to post the correct youtube url address for the video that you want to display. The easiest way to get the correct youtube url address is the following:
1) go to the youtube website page that has the video that you want to post in the forum
2) click on the "share" button
3) click on the "show options" link
4) click on the "Long link" checkbox
5) copy the url address that is displayed in the "Link to this video" box
6) post the url address from step 5 above and post in the youtube code of the forum as explained in the first post above

Hope this helps
US95Pickett
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S! Pickett

Thank you sir. I just realized that 'preview message' doesn't show the linked page. LOL It only comes up after posting the actual message.

:shock:
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

Return to “General Forum”