Wings of War!

This forum is open to all.

Moderator: ph95_admin-2015

US95Rooster

Wings of War!

Post by US95Rooster »

Salute Everyone!
I have been keeping a close eye on this new sim, but i don`t know if its up to par just yet. I left a message at Hyperlobby to try and add it to there game list. I haven`t gotten any replys at there forums yet. There is a couple mods out for it already that some one has made for it. A no cd patch, plus a patch that lets you fly all the planes in the game. This game has rockets and i guess they are having trouble shutting them off for multi player. Plus these patches seem abit hard to install, need to extract origanal files first. Never extracted anything before, but it looks like you will need a program just to extract old files. (WinRAR) Prgram. Looks like most people are playing by LAN for multiplayer, not at Gamespy. And i guess it dosen`t like MSN Force Feedback JOYSTICKS. Its fun to play and the scenery is really great. This sim might become a great sim but i think it will take some time before they can develope it into something great. I might buy it when Hyperlobby takes some notice to it. I think it would play alot better there then Gamespy.
I have seen some pictures of it and they look really cool. The planes need the FM adjusted, they don`t slow down much in loops or stall i guess. I heard where some players get abit airsick playing this game because of the fast action.
But atleast we are seeing some interest in WW1 sims so hopefully we may get a new sim yet.
Take Care!
Rooster
US95 Rooster

US95 Rooster

Post by US95 Rooster »

:D
Hi Everyone!
I couldn`t take it any longer and broke down and bought Wings of War.
I really don`t no how to give a review on this game, its not like any sim i have flown before. The ground objects and mountains look great, but you have very little time for site seeing in this sim. Never seen so many planes and AAA shooting at you. I like the campaign mode the best so far, plus on hardest settings seem to work the best. If you go easy mode you seem to get airsick. There are moving trains and truck convoys plus flocks of birds you can shoot at. Plus artillary and boats and balloons. There are no clouds to actually fly through but the sky looks really cool. The scenary has to be the best i have ever seen in a flight sim. The planes seem way to fast for WW1 but you still have fun dog fighting in the game. Rockets are real accurate on ground targets. You have cockpit view and outside view. Not hardly any gauges, but you are so busy shooting things you don`t have time to look at your gauges. FM is way off i think, more like ww2 planes. I havent played online yet, but i here they are having fun. They may beable to mod this game into something better but i don`t see it for a few months. I think the best Biplanes to fly right now are the ones in IL2 FB&AEP. They give you a more realistic feeling of flight. But hopefully this game will apeal more to the first time flight simmer. We need a easy game that might hook a bunch of new FPS to the flight sims. It has a bunch of arcade stuff in it, but at hard setting it gets rid of some. I will post more as i advance in the game to better aircraft.
Take Care!
Rooster
US95Zardo

Wings of War

Post by US95Zardo »

Sounds like an arcade game all the way. That's the type of playing I did before I came to sims. It can still be fun in an unrealistic way. The game play may be the same as Starfox from what I saw, but with great graphics. 8D
US95Rooster

Post by US95Rooster »

Salute Commander Zardo!
I will keep an eye on this game and let everyone no if it ever becomes a fun flight sim.
It has some great stuff, but it needs a great campaign for us to beable to have online wars.
Maybe the players can develope it further but time will tell.
RB3D has the best online wars! Wish we could steal a few things out of W.O.W. and add them to RB3D.
The developers had to make the planes land way to easy, they were told to. I guess to make first time flyers like this sim more. Landings and take offs are the most fun.
RB3D is a hard game to beat, even with all the new graphics out. Just add Promise land cd to it and you arn`t that far behind these newer flight sims.
Take Care!
Rooster
US95Rooster

Post by US95Rooster »

Salute Everyone!
We may need some one else to buy this game also. I might be leading us away from a sim that we may really like. Its alot better then Rictoffens sky. They are working on the online play, at turning off most of the arcade stuff. I guess it works great with Track ir, but crashes in online play with microsoft force feed back joysticks. But it works great with the old side winder just FFB is having trouble. I don`t see very many bad replys from people at SimHQ on this new sim. I think they are playing online play using Lan instead of gamespy. If it has alot players i think it will eventually show up at hyperlobby. You can download a patch that lets you use all the available aircraft. Plus you can turn off all the arcade stuff, and have fun in campaign modes. But its to hard for me with everything turned off. Just like il2, hard to tell the enemy unless you are right on top of them. Its only 20 bucks.
I have to warn you of one problem they are having, if you have a old joystick you may destroy it flying this sim. Alot of action in this sim. You have to shoot alot of Cyber Lead in each level in campaign mode.
Take Care!
Rooster
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

I just might pic it up for chits and giggles! 8D
US95Smitty

Post by US95Smitty »

I just got it myself. have'nt got a chance to look at it yet though.
US95Rooster

Post by US95Rooster »

Salute Everyone!
Cool Smitty now you can help me give a accurate review of this new sim.
Here is a website with new patchs from players over at SimHQ.
http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/greenhearts/wow.htm
Plus you might want to go over to SimHQ and read up on installing these new mods and see just what the benifits are.
http://www.simhq.com/
I have been trying to get Hyperfighter to install this new sim at there gaming site.
jiri said the game is looking good but he hasn`t seen that much interest for it at his forums. :cry:
I have been trying to get people to post a requet for this new sim at Hyperfighter. If you get time please post a reply in Hyperfighter forum under Request things that will improve Hyperfighter.
http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/
US95th~Rooster :wink:
US95Smitty

Post by US95Smitty »

arcade all the way. no where near the sim RB is.
US95Rooster

Post by US95Rooster »

Salute Everyone!
W.O.W. has come out with a new patch if anyone is interested.
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/wingsofwar/downloads/
9.3 mb patch, version Retail v 1.2 patch
Plus you can download a demo of the game here also.
Take Care!
Rooster
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

:o Salute Yal!
I took the liberty to download the Demo version and found it to be a fun game to play. Fun because of the barn storming for goodies and the AI was pretty challenging. It has two modes of play. Arcade and Classic. The classic being of the sim flight type. But it seems to almost be like WW2 planes in slow motion. lol I did have fun with it. It may just catch on.
Why don't yal give it a whirl? We may be able to get in and soon after have permission to do our own flight modelling with a few good program oriented flyers from the RB community.
The graphics are way better than RB3D but this game play does not beat Rb3d in flight simulation, or War games. At least not without a few changes. And it seems as tho the makers of the game are adding patches in the interest of keeping the gamers happy!

Return to “Open Forum”