RoF does not love me anymore

Post your help requests and suggestions here.
Vampire

RoF does not love me anymore

Post by Vampire »

S! to all...

Been trying to get into RoF and I keep getting the following message.......

" ERROR loading model graphic\Planes\Spad13.mgm
Exception_Access_Violation"

I then hit enter,( I can live with out the Spad), I get to the on line log on screen, I enter P/W...the game tells me I need to update the game. I then exit , restart the game up date and I get the same error message and the message on needing to update. I do it, and am back in the loop. With ERROR loading.......... :crazy:

Is there a way to fix this with some cyber voodo, check sum, dark side mojo.....stuff :wtf: ? Or is the clean, simple solution, is to just delete the game and re install it......V......
US95 Odee

Re: RoF does not love me anymore

Post by US95 Odee »

S! Vampyre

Zounds like a bad install. Have you tried uninstall/reinstall yet? Harsh words, I know, but sometimes harsh measures are called for when fixing a problem.

Question; Did you search for any similar problems and the fixes on the RoF web site? Might be something simple like needing to renew the password for the account.
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Vamp, before you do any uninstall/re-install of Rise of Flight, try the following:

1) When you start up the RoF game, you should see the Rise of Flight game laucher, as shown below. Do NOT click on the start button, instead, click on the update button and go to # 2 below
NOTE: you can also get to this window by going to the Rise of Flight release folder usually located at C:\Program Files\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release (under Windows XP) and click on Settings.exe

2) When you click on the update button from step # 1 above, you should see the ROF laucher window, as shown below.
NOTE: you can also get to this RoF laucher window by going to the Rise of Flight release folder usually located at C:\Program Files\Rise of Flight\bin_game\release (under Windows XP) and click on rof_updater.exe

a) Click on the Update button and let your RoF game update to the latest version of RoF. Be sure to let the update install its version of DirectX, even if you have a newer version of DirectX, because RoF needs the version included with the update to run properly. Then start your game and see if it runs ok.

b) If after updating (and installing the version of DirectX that is offered with the update) your RoF game still won't run ok, then repeat steps # 1 and # 2 but instead of clicking on the update button, click on the Recovery button and the RoF game will attempt to repair itself. After the recovery completes, you should be able to start the game.

3) If your RoF game won't start correctly after performing the update and if necessary, the recovery, then you might have to try the uninstall and re-install option.

Hope this helps!
US95Pickett
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

S! to all....

Thnx for the help guys......the recovery button did the trick....but the servers are empty!!!!!.....now I just have figure out how I screwed up the update process......That is when things went bad for me...V.......

P.S. Got an idea for part of the 95th promo movie too...
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

Vampire wrote:S! to all....

Thnx for the help guys......

P.S. Got an idea for part of the 95th promo movie too...
Do tell... now. I mean it, or we'll send the evil no Spad genie after you.
:biggrin2:
US95 Odee

Vampire

Post by Vampire »

S! to all...

First some back ground on my suggestion, I have done this a couple of times in RB3D years ago. This was the time when I was flying only the N-24 against all of the Hun planes. The couple of times I really remember, was when I was bumping heads with various Hun pilots flying the DR-1.

It happened again recently while I was playing IL-2. I was flying against a clipped winged Spit and I was in a late model ME109k. I thought it really looked really cool when it happened....it has not lost any of it's magic over the years.....it was pure cool.....V...... :biggrin2:

Still interested?..... ;-)
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

Vampire wrote:S! to all...

...I was flying against a clipped winged Spit and I was in a late model ME109k. I thought it really looked really cool when it happened....it has not lost any of it's magic over the years.....it was pure cool.....V...... :biggrin2:

Still interested?..... ;-)
When what happened?
:clap:
US95 Odee

Vampire

Post by Vampire »

S! to all...

We had more or less the same amount of energy in a rolling scissors fight with him behind me. I then decided to take the fight vertical, I put my flaps to combat and went straight up and he followed. I hit the F-6 button,( nearest air enemy), and watched him try to move in almost right behind me for the shot. I then did a vertical 1/2 roll, but he did not. I then pulled in my flaps and chopped my throttle, hoping to get a snap shot as he went by. I guess he chopped his throttle too. In about 4 seconds, there we were, no energy, canopy to canopy, maybe 100 ft. apart, in a vertical stall. We floated there for maybe 2-3 seconds, he then stalled off one way and I an other. Man I wish I had filmed that....

I've had the same happen in RB3D too. It was however, when we were in a looping fight, usually in an oval type manouver. The result was the same, no energy and a stall for the both of us. We would hang there for maybe 3-5 seconds,(lighter planes, I guess), but still looked just as cool.

We can make this beliveable, by calling that segment, " The US95th testing captured Hun crates, to learn the weakness of each", or some such.......V.....
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S! Vampyre

I'm your huckleberry.
:biggrin2: :thumbup: :thumbup:
US95 Odee

Vampire

Post by Vampire »

S!...

We need to hook up and shoot some video and get this started....V....
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S!

Say when, and I'll do my best to be there. I been doing some offline taping of formations going into and coming out of clouds, and just skimming the big thunderhead looking ones, trying for some cinematic effects to add to what ever it is we decide to do.

Anyone have ideas or requests of a theme for the film, please let us know.
US95 Odee

Return to “Help and Suggestions”