Greetings from Zardo

US95Zardo

Greetings from Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Yal! Long Time no see! :wave:
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.
I'm still alive and well. :D
I just got a new CP from Santa ;-) I also installed ROF.
Talk about a learning curb, I feel like a Dummy with a mechanical head in the cockpit, going Vertigo :? Targetting anything is a pain in the neck :lol: In lesson #6 the two D VIIs give me a nasty whoopin'. The graffix are cool though. And the crashes look sensational. :wtf:
Anyway, I intend to check in more often. As always Pickett keeps a nice Forum.
Vampire

Re: Greetings from Zardo

Post by Vampire »

S! Boss.....

I grovel before your COness.. :wave: ).... Great to hear from you, my suggestion is to jump into Picks training server, waldo, pick, me, and Dagger!!!!,(remember him ?), are usually on about 6-10 PST every day. Jump in and learn and die just like the rest of us....

Also, let me be the bad guy.. :twisted: we all have to sit down and talk about how to expand the membership of the 95th......to other venues....V......
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

S! to you Vamp! :lol: What else can I expect from a blood thirsty Vampire? Good to see you again. Yes I remmember all the pilots including RedDawg, Smitty and Willow as well. And who can forget Rebel?! :lol: I go vertigo in the cockpit of an ROF air craft. I still need to learn the guages too! I can't seem to get the hang of holding my targets in my views. the periferral views on the screen are very linited.
At least rb3d helps you to hold on to your target. I've been spoiled by that. once I have to look away from my target, it takes very little time for the plane to shoot me down since I have not yet gotten used to getting it back into view. I flew it for a week now. made it through training #1 thru #5 I can handle the single Alb, but it takes alot for me to stay focused. With two D VIIs it's another story. How long does it take to learn to target? And sinci I am a lefty, I ask myself how do righties manage to control both mouse and stick on the right hand side? The answer may help me, or not. :oops:
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Zardo, check the Rise of Flight server list for the server settings (hold your mouse pointer over the crossed wrenches emblem in each server list and it will display the server settings for that server). Look for any servers that have "padlock" enabled; when you are in a server with padlock enabled, hit your F8 key - it will lock on to the enemy and you can fly accordingly.

Hint: both of the US95th Rise of Flight servers have padlock enabled so you can lock onto an enemy by using the F8 key (I have one of my joystick buttons set to F8).

US95Pickett
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

S! Pickett. Thanks for the tip. I have tried it but I need to get used to the feel of the game.
I went online to download teamspeack, but there are various types. Which one should I dowload to comunicate with the 95th? Another issue I have is that my joystick throttle wont work in the game, but it works in my windows joystick calibrator
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Zardo, we use TeamSpeak 2, you can find all of the details and a download link in our US95th Only section of the forum. You can set up your throttle in the Rise of Flight Options menu; once you are online mmp, look for the options button at bottom of page, it's also on the server list page. On the options page, you'll see were you can set the engine throttle; select it then move your joystick throttle lever and you should be set.
US95Pickett
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Yal! Pickett; I downloaded Teamspeak from the link in our downloads page and it loaded with TS3.
That's what I installed. Waiting for reply.
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, Zardo, if you installed TeamSpeak3, uninstall it.

Then go here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads&archive=1 and download the TeamSpeak 2 client and install it. (the download will be named: ts2_client_rc2_2032.exe)

After you install TeamSpeak 2, then go here: http://us95th.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=796 and follow the instructions for connecting to our TeamSpeak 2 server.

Let me know if you have any problems.
US95Pickett

EDIT: Zardo, if you have RB3D installed, come join us in RBWar tournament. We have the week 5 match today - Saturday, January 08, 2011 at 3pm est until 5pm est. Post if you think you can make it and we'll make sure you're all set up. Would be great to see you flying with the squadron again :) More information about RBWar is at the RBWar forum
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

S! to all....

Another thing you may want, is the TS 2 Overlay...I use it and i find it quite helpful...What I really like about it is that it shows who is speaking.....it also give other info like fps in the game.... most importantly, it does not use up a lost of system resources....V......
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! all, several pilots had asked about the possibility of us switching to TeamSpeak3, soooo.........

I've upgraded our TeamSpeak2 server to TeamSpeak3 (Zardo, sorry for the change and hassle of changing again.) I've also upgraded the user slots from 40 to 50 pilot slots (should be large enough for hosting most tournaments).

You must have the TeamSpeak3 client installed to be able to use our new TeamSpeak3 server (TeamSpeak2 will not work with TeamSpeak3).

You can download TeamSpeak3 client from HERE. Be sure to download the correct version for your computers operating system; there is one version for 32 bit operating systems and one version for 64 bit operating systems.

The new TeamSpeak3 server password is the same as the older TeamSpeak2 server. The TeamSpeak 3 server address and password is HERE

Return to “General Forum”