Welcome to the US95th forums

Post your help requests and suggestions here.
US95 2Lt Blake

Welcome to the US95th forums

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Hey
just registered and was hoping to learn how to join the multiplayer serever. when I go to the ROF forum, says I dont have permision. any help would be appreciated.
2nd Lt Blake
US95Pickett

Re: Welcome to the US95th forums

Post by US95Pickett »

S! Blake and welcome to the US95th forums!

I'm not exactly sure what you're having a problem with; could you give us some more information? Is it you are trying to join a particular mp server and can't join; or is it you can't join any of the Rise of Flight mp servers? Or are you trying to join the US95th RoF mp server #1 that is password protected?

If you are trying to enter the US95th RoF server #1, that is password protected, it is password protected temporarily while I test out a mission I've created for a war tournament that the US95th will be hosting in the near future for Rise of Flight (that mission is not open to everyone while I'm testing it). I will open our server #1 tonight, remove the password and set it to our training mission; however, from time to time it will be password protected for new mission testing purposes and private training.

I thought I saw you enter the US95th server #2 tonight. Were you having trouble getting your plane started and in the air? We will be glad to help you, we just need some more information to work with.
US95Pickett
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

thank you for helping.
I did not realize that there were 2 MP servers for the US95th. I think I tried to enter both.
I am new to the game and gaming period so I have trouble following what for some seem to be obvious paths to desired ends. anyway when I "enter" I get my menu bar across the bottom. If I choose spectator I can see from all enemy positions. but dont see any planes. When I select planes and crew positions, it pulls up a blank page. No planes to choose from. I do have a clock and what appears to be a password box in bottom lefthand corner for both MP server 1 and 2. I dont recall MP server 1 saying it was updating when I tried to enter last night, like it is now.
thanks again. cant wait to learn how to play better.
blake
US95Pickett

Flying in RoF MP Servers

Post by US95Pickett »

S! Blake, here's a basic getting started on flying in the multiplayer servers of Rise of Flight:

When you start up Rise of Flight and get to this screen, left click on "Multiplayer"

This will display a list of the available RoF mp servers; scroll up or down in the list to find a server that you want to join and is not password protected (password protected servers have a key emblem to the left of the servers name)

To enter the selected server you can either:
double left click on the servers name
or
left click on the servers name and then click on "ENTER" as shown above

After entering the server, you will see a description of the server mission, click on "OK"

Next, you have to select an aerodrome to fly from; in this mission, there are 2 aerodromes (some missions will have more than 2 aerodromes); one for the Allied team and one for the German team. Click on one of the aerodromes, in this example, I have clicked on the Allied aerodrome (the aerodrome on the left side of the map)

Once you select an aerodrome to fly from, you will be presented with a window showing the available planes that you can choose from. Note: some plane models have to be purchased separately from 777 Studios in order to fly them (some are not included in the Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition of the game).
In this example, I have chosen the Spad 13 airplane to fly and have clicked on it.

After you have selected the plane you want to fly, you will see this screen; just click on "FLY NOW"

Once you click on "FLY NOW" you will enter the multiplayer server and are ready to fly.
Just press your keyboard "e" key to start the engine, press your joystick throttle level full forward and you will take off.

If you have any other problems, let us know. We also have a TeamSpeak3 server that we use for voice communication while playing the game. You are welcome to use it also while flying in the US95th servers.
US95Pickett
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Thank you so much
Ill give it a go this evening. I think my problem was, I wasnt choosing an aerodrome.
cant wait.
blake
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

Thanks again
got to play last night, had alot of fun. Have some questions and was hoping I could ask on sims forum for ROF. Any chance I could join the 95th? When I try to enter, it says I dont have permision.
blake
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! Blake, welcome to the US95th Aero Squadron :D The only squadron requirement we have is that you fly with honor :thumbup:

Post whatever pilot name you want to fly as: IE - US95BlakeHill or whatever name you choose; then I'll add you to the roster and you'll have access to the rest of our forum areas.
US95Pickett
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

thank you
I would like to fly as "US95th second Lt blake"
Is this were is was supposed to post this?
US95Pickett

Post by US95Pickett »

S! Blake, the user name you chose: "US95th second Lt blake", was too long for the forum, so I shortened it to the following:

US95 2Lt Blake

When you log into the forum from now on, use the user name above (your password is the same).

Any problems, let me know.

Welcome to the US95th! :thumbup:
US95Pickett
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

S! to all....

Welcome to the 95th.... :biggrin2: ...Vamp....
US95Zardo

Post by US95Zardo »

Salute Yal! Blake! I want send you some zip files of my Camel flying so that you may get a feel for it. I'm not big on Utubing them for now, but if you email me at Zardomiko@ameritech.net I will be happy to send you single fights one on one against DRIs so mou may see my experience and fun. Don't be shy! I'm more than happy to help you out on your Camel endeavor. Yours truelly Zardo
US95 2Lt Blake

Post by US95 2Lt Blake »

thanks
Sent you my email, cant wait to learn!
:biggrin2:
"up and at em"
US95 Odee

Post by US95 Odee »

S! 95th Kicking Mules

Just joined the forums as well, and realized I picked the wrong forum name for myself. Is US95th Odee available? *shuffles toe in dirt all embarrassed* or should I re-register?

Also, Pickett sir, you may be contacted by a Mike Burger aka Punish. He's a good friend that turned me on to RoF. Great player that I've known for ...well probably more years than some members have been alive. *girns* Hope it was okay to point him this way.

:biggrin2:
US95 Odee
Live to fly, Fly to fight, Fight to live! ~ Life's a vicious circle

Return to “Help and Suggestions”